Introducing DiDi Task beta
Stay home and let the world come to you. With the new DiDi Task beta platform, the world is at your fingertips with items delivered to your house in minutes from anywhere in your city. Request delivery services such as parcels, documents and click & collect purchases, or – better yet – request “shop on my behalf” with DiDi Task beta.
The story behind DiDi Task
A pro bono project beta.
We’ve added a new delivery service – DiDi Task beta, which allows you to purchase and receive the things you need straight from the DiDi app. DiDi Task beta connects you to a network of more than 100,000 drivers across Australia, all of which have undergone rideshare vetting processes such as police checks.
With more people staying at home during COVID-19, our driver-partners who rely on rideshare as their main gig or side hustle have been greatly impacted. DiDi has been actively exploring and introducing new ways to help support our driver-partners and their families during this uncertain time.
This beta platform has been created in less than 10 days to support our driver-partner community. It is a ‘Pro Bono’ project, meaning DiDi Drivers (now called Taskers on this platform) who participate in the service will earn 100% of the payment fees. As this platform is still in its beta phase, please bear with us as we work to continuously improve the platform.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions here.
How it Works
Order anything you want, or better yet, request “shop on behalf” with DiDi Task beta. Get items delivered to your house in minutes from anywhere in your city.
Making a payment
How to Pay
You will be required to pay the ‘Service Fee’ for the task and, in the case of “Shop on Behalf” requests, reimburse the Tasker the invoice value of the purchase.
To proceed with making payment, ask for the Tasker’s PayID or bank details (name, BSB, account number).
Setting up your payments
All payments are made outside of the DiDi app. Payments for the Tasker’s services and reimbursement of items purchased through “Shop on behalf” are made directly between you and the Tasker outside of the DiDi app.
To help safeguard the DiDi community, we recommend using contactless digital payments such as PayID or bank transfer.
What is PayID?
PayID is a unique identifier (such as your email address, mobile number or ABN) that is linked to your bank account. Once you create a PayID, you can share your identifier instead of your bank account details to make getting paid easier and faster.
Payments through PayID participating banks are paid through the Osko network, allowing for real-time payment.
Learn more about PayID here: https://payid.com.au/
How do I set up PayID?
In most cases you are able to create a PayID in your usual banking app or website within minutes. You can watch a video on setting up your PayID here: https://youtu.be/ONlVjJre_LA.
Go to your online banking app or website and search PayID.
Create a PayID by registering your mobile number or email to your bank account.
Follow your bank’s instructions to create your PayID.
Once you’re all set up, you just need to ask for the Tasker’s PayID upon delivery of the item(s) to send payment.
How do I use PayID to make a payment?
Ask the Tasker for their PayID (mobile or email address).
Using your bank app or website, send the agreed upon Service Fee to the Tasker using their PayID.
Payment is received into the bank account linked to the Tasker’s PayID.
Dispute a Purchase
Most tasks will get completed without any complications, but sometimes tasks become more complex than expected. Disagreements can happen when customers and Taskers expect different results on a task or something doesn’t go as planned.
Since DiDi Task is only a platform and all transactions between the customer and Tasker take place outside of the App, you’ll need to try and resolve your differences.
If you’re having trouble with the person on the other side of your task, try following the tips below.
- Communicate openly.
- Be straightforward, concise and honest in your messaging.
- Be clear in your communication (don’t be afraid to double check details such as the address/time if you’re not sure).
- Be aware of your tone over messages – things written can come across differently than you intended.
- Try to reply to messages as quickly as you can – this helps reduce misunderstanding and tension.
- If you feel the task isn’t going well, talk to the other person about it. Discussing what is happening when it is happening can prevent complications later.
- We recommend keeping the total purchase value under $100 for both the Tasker’s and your safety.
- Keep communication through DiDi channels as much as possible.
- If you’ve made a mistake, give a genuine apology so you can move forward.
- If all that fails, reach out to DiDi Customer Support. As DiDi Task is a listing platform, we cannot resolve all issues for you. However, if you experience inappropriate behaviour or fraud by the Tasker, please report it to DiDi Customer support at email@example.com.
Delivery Size Restrictions
DiDi Task suggests the following limits for delivery:
Taskers may cancel a task request if they have difficulty lifting any items, delivery exceeds sizing guidelines or asked to pick up prohibited goods.
You must not request, accept, or perform Task Services that involve or relate to any of the following.
What’s prohibited on the DiDi Task platform?
- Any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, hazardous, or harmful items or activities, including those relating to weapons, drugs, or alcohol;
- Any misleading, deceptive, unethical, or immoral activities;
- Any fake requests;
- Any advertisement purposes;
- Any items or activities contrary to DiDi Australia’s values; or
- Any items or activity that in DiDi Australia’s opinion may cause reputational damage or harm to DiDi Australia.
How will I get in touch with the tasker?
Once a request has been accepted, both the Tasker (in this case DiDi Drivers) and the customer can contact each other directly through the DiDi app. The app will hide real mobile numbers.
We strongly recommend calling the Tasker to confirm the task description:
- Suitability of items for delivery (contents, weight, size)
- Confirmation of items (preferred store, brand type)
- Payment option (PayID, Bank Transfer or cash)
What if my parcel requires my ID or documentation for collection?
Any parcels that require you to present any documentation for collection such as the Post Office cannot be fulfilled by another person. In this instance, you should cancel the request.
Can I update the pickup or delivery address?
Why has my request not been accepted?
Once submitted, Taskers will have one hour to view your request and choose to accept it based on the task details and Service Fee. The higher Service Fee that you are willing to pay, the more likely your task will be accepted by Taskers.