Earn by Delivering Parcels
What is DiDi Delivery
DiDi Delivery is an on-demand delivery service allowing Australians to send and receive parcels – all delivered by DiDi drivers. Individuals and businesses can request on-demand delivery of items around their cities anywhere, anytime.
The Story of DiDi Delivery
DiDi is committed to helping the community stay connected and creating new ways to support the driver community, particularly in times of need. With people adjusting to a new norm due to COVID-19, we understand that the community’s needs have changed and have worked hard to respond. Taking learnings from DiDi Task, we have evolved it into DiDi Delivery to provide a safe and affordable way to send parcels on demand.
DiDi Delivery will initially be offered in Melbourne and Perth. In the near future, we plan to extend this service throughout the country.
How it Works
Delivery during COVID-19
Contactless Handling & Delivery
To help you stay safe and avoid the spread of COVID-19, we ask that you practice extra caution when completing Delivery requests by allowing the sender and recipient to load and unload their parcel.
How do I make contactless deliveries?
In order to ensure Contactless Delivery, drivers are not required to handle parcels directly at any point in time. At the pick-up location, the sender can load the parcel into your car. The recipient of the parcel will also be asked to collect the parcel directly from your car at the drop-off location.
- Hand hygiene. Always wash hands before and after a trip
- Social distance. Maintain a safe social distance of 1.5m when meeting face to face to pickup or drop off the item(s) to the customer.
- Confirm the customer. Always confirm the sender and recipient’s identity by asking for their first name
- Digital payments. All payments are made directly through the app.
Food Delivery Guidelines
DiDi Delivery recommends you comply with the applicable Food Standards Code set out by Food Safety Standards Australia.
- Use temperature controlled storage bags.
- Keep your vehicle and temperature controlled bags in a clean and good condition.
- Take the quickest route from pick up to delivery.
- Deliver all Food within 30 minutes of pick up.
- For delivery of perishable Foods (such as fish, fruit, milk and seafood), keep them cool during transport. Where possible, avoid placing Food in direct sunlight. Hot foods (such as takeaway food and certain grocery items) must be kept hot.
- Don’t touch food and beverages and ask the seller to appropriately pack the items.
- Maintain an appropriate distance if you are delivering the Food by placing the delivery on a place advised by the recipient of the delivery (for example, on the ground by the door).
- Do not leave food unattended at the time of delivery unless arrangements have been made with the recipient
- A DiDi Delivery should be a positive experience for everyone. Be fair, transparent and respectful with every Delivery.
- If you are unable to contact the recipient after waiting 3 minutes at the drop-off location, contact the sender (rider) and ask them if they would like to leave the parcel at the drop-off location or return the parcel to the sender by adding the pickup location as a second stop in their DiDi app. If there is a second stop, the app will recalculate the delivery fee.
- If you suspect you are being asked to deliver a prohibited item, cancel the request, contact local authorities then report the sender to DiDi. If you suspect you are delivering a prohibited item, contact local authorities and report the sender to DiDi.
DiDi Delivery suggests the following limits for delivery:
- Maximum number of items 6 (bags / boxes)
- Maximum weight limit of 20kg per item
- Maximum item volume: 60 x 60 x 60 cm
Delivery drivers may cancel a request if they have difficulty lifting any items, delivery exceeds sizing guidelines or asked to pick up prohibited goods. When accepting a Delivery request, we recommend calling the sender to confirm the type of items (contents, weight, size) being delivered.
You should not complete Delivery requests that involve or relate to any of the following:
- Any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, hazardous, or harmful items or activities, including those relating to weapons, drugs or alcohol;
- Any misleading, deceptive, unethical or immoral activities;
- Any items or activities contrary to DiDi Australia’s values; or
- Any items or activity that in DiDi Australia’s opinion may cause reputational damage or harm to DiDi Australia.
For a detailed list of prohibited items refer to this link.
Is the list of prohibited items an exhaustive list?
The list of prohibited items is a non-exhaustive list of the types of things that cannot be delivered via DiDi Delivery. You should also exercise your own reasonable judgment as to what is acceptable.
Can I inspect the items before loading it into my vehicle?
You should inspect (but not open) any parcels you collect to make sure they are not damaged. If they are, before you accept them discuss this with the sender (rider).
What if I feel uncomfortable with handling an item?
If you have any apprehensions or are uncomfortable with handling any items that are not on the prohibited items list, you can contact the sender (rider) directly to discuss further.
If you are still apprehensive or uncomfortable, you can inform the sender and cancel the order.
Am I eligible for DiDi Delivery?
We plan to extend this service throughout the country. The initial trial of DiDi Delivery is limited to selected opt-in Driver-partners.
How do I notify the customer that I have arrived?
Communication with senders (riders) for Delivery is the same as Express, simply message or call through the DiDi app.
What type of items can I expect to deliver?
DiDi Delivery is for parcel delivery only and not passenger services. Please select DiDi Express for ridesharing services.
How do I know I am picking up a Delivery?
Requests that come through your app will show you if the request is Delivery, Express, Max, Share (if eligible) or Care (if eligible).
What happens if I cannot locate the recipient and the sender is uncontactable?
Leave the parcel in a safe place near the drop-off location and message the sender using DiDi’s in-app chat with the details of where you have placed the parcel.
What happens if I cannot locate the recipient?
If you are unable to contact the recipient after waiting 3 minutes at the drop-off location, contact the sender (rider) and ask them if they would like to leave the parcel at the drop-off location or return the parcel to the sender by adding the pickup location as a second stop in their DiDi app. If there is a second stop, the app will recalculate the delivery fee.
Is my Delivery trip covered by insurance?
It is your responsibility to have proper coverage for your delivery trips. Please check with your insurance provider.
Can I stop receiving Delivery requests?
Yes, to stop DiDi Delivery requests temporarily, turn off the option through “Trip Settings” anytime in the DiDi-Driver app.
To disable Delivery requests permanently, click here.
Can I inspect the package?
If you need to inspect the package (eg it is fragile or you think it might be prohibited goods), please ask the sender to show you the contents. If you don’t feel comfortable, don’t accept the package and instead cancel the trip.